BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 29, 2013

Space Invaders Drink Markers

A quickie post today - a shot, if you will, as opposed to a beer.

From time to time my loving wife comes home with some little surprise treat that she bought for me out of the blue. Sometimes it is something simple like a bag of skittles. Other times it is more complex like my Spider-Man cuckoo clock. Occasionally, the treats don't quite hit the mark, such as when she came home with a new copy of Black Ops 2 complete with Season Pass, even though my brief love affair with the Call of Duty franchise came to an end quite some time ago (but I'll get around to playing it one of these days). Other times she hits it out of the park, like when she brought me a big box completely full of old science fiction digest books and magazines that she bought at a thrift shop for $5.

Whatever it is, I usually have two requirements before my mind feels free to enjoy it.  First, it should not be very large (space concerns) and second, it should not be very expensive (money concerns). She checked both of these boxes with her latest dollar-store find - Space Invaders drink markers!



Have you ever been to a party and you put your drink down on a table to chat it up with some hot young lady and then when you go to pick it back up there are 4 other drinks sitting there and you aren't sure which one is yours? Oh man, if I only had a nickel for every time!  OK - I don't often find myself in that exact situation, but I'm middle-aged, married and not particularly comfortable with crowds so I'm not really a good example. Anyway, I've heard it's definitely a thing. So how to avoid that potentially awkward social situation? Why, silicone Space Invaders of course! Just peel off one of these 6 different invaders and slap it on your glass, bottle, can, whatever, and you will be able to spot your drink a mile away.



Plus you will be announcing for the entire room of onlookers that you are proud to be a supporter of retro coin-operated games whose popularity in Japan resulted in a yen shortage. Believe me, the ladies appreciate that sort of thing.

All that for only $1!  Hell I've already used them a couple of times myself just for fun even though the only other bottles and cans on the table were my own empties. So go to your local dollar-store, slap 100 yen down on the counter and get your very own set!

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

7 comments:

Fallguy40 said...

Very nice and practical. BTW, you can send that season pass code my way if you want to clear some space.

Fallguy

MadPlanet said...

Well I have to at least give the game a try first FG - what if I absolutely love it? Meh probably not but Laurie went to the trouble and everything so I gotta give it a chance. Come to think of it I wouldn't mind playing a little online action with ya - been a long time. Is there any co-op or strictly various death match stuff?

Fallguy40 said...

There's the zombie survival thing. Beyond that just various death match stuff.

MadPlanet said...

Well that stuff is still fun, but they are going to have to introduce something new to chew on at some point or even their loyal FPS fanbase is eventually going to tire of it.

Fallguy40 said...

Last game had some co-op stuff. This one has some fun modes like gun game, one in the chamber and kill confirmed.

MadPlanet said...

I'm sure the gun control lobby would love to use that last sentence to bolster some ridiculous argument against violent video games.

Fallguy40 said...

LOL It's Ok because the game doesn't feature the AR-15