BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, February 15, 2013

Beercade - The Last Barfighter

I just had to share this.  I'm actually still at work but I JUST saw this over at Engadget - a game i.e. marketing ploy that combines two of the loves of my life - arcade games and beer. 

Sure I've combined them myself plenty of times the DIY way and have been to a few Barcade joints that try to do it manually with waitresses or bartenders (savages!) but this nifty tech was actually engineered by top drunk scientists from around the globe to pour the winner a tall cold one right at the cab! What? 

Admittedly the game itself looks pretty simplistic but hey string a few victories together and the game just keeps looking better and better. By the end of the evening, assuming you continue your winning ways, you will swear it is the greatest fighting game - nay the greatest video game - that you have ever played.

Apparently you have to be somewhere in the vicinity of North Carolina to try it out (damn!) since it looks like right now it is the exclusive marketing tool of the Big Boss Brewing Company of Raleigh, NC, but even if you, like me, are nowhere near there, you should at least give the video a looksee.  See ya!

 


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

4 comments:

PungentOnion said...

The first thing that comes to mind is how great a simple game can be when you're competing against someone.......while not a fighting game, the first thing that comes to mind is Slot Racers on the 2600. So simple a game, but when you're going head to head it's fantastic and one of my all time favorites. So, the tie in???? Who cares how simple the fighting game is, when you're competing for a beer even rock-paper-siccors can be pretty fun.

BRING ON THE POUR!!!!

MadPlanet said...

Yes, yes and yes PungentOnion. I agree on all counts! I don't have this toy but somehow we need to work the drinking component into the gameplay on the next game night. Maybe the loser takes a shot instead of the winner drinks a beer. I don't know. Need to think about this!

Anonymous said...

This is a great idea! I wonder is the cold kegerator portion of the game messes up the electronics?

MadPlanet said...

good question - I guess the compressor would get pretty hot but I assume they engineered insulation for it and for potential leakage or condensation or things like that. I dunno - as long as the beer is flowing they could replace the monitor and boards with a chicken playing tic-tac-toe and I'd still rate the game at least a 7.5 right there! (Maybe even an 8.0 if it was an IPA). :)