BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, February 9, 2012

New Fort Co-Op Adventure DLC for Uncharted 3

My fellow PS3-owners may have already seen this, but Eric Monacelli, Community Strategist for Naughty Dog, posted on the PlayStation blog Tuesday about new co-op adventure DLC for Uncharted 3 wherein you actually play as the bad guys!

By now you’re hopefully well versed in the long gun nuances, co-op narrative and all the hanging-by-your-fingers-on-edge-of-a-cliff action found in Uncharted 3 multiplayer. Today we’re firing a heavy salvo of Uncharted 3 DLC information your way featuring new content to download individually, or as part of the Fortune Hunter’s Club program. Downloading this fresh content will blow out the co-op storyline and expand the UNCHARTED series in ways that have never been done before.

Coming in today’s PlayStation Store update to Uncharted 3 is the Fort Co-Op adventure DLC. Did some of you guess that from our screenshot hint? Fort Co-Op Adventure will mark the first time in the series you’ll be able to play co-op as the UNCHARTED villains with Zoran Lazarević, Eddy Raja, Harry Flynn joining forces in a tale that further explores the mystery behind the Janus head statue from the on-disc co-op adventure. Check out a preview of that adventure here:




The new DLC costs $5.99. Not too bad for a new twist on things I suppose. What do you guys think?  Worth a purchase?

They also released a whole bunch of new skins for purchase but I've never personally had much use for the various skins even if they are dirt cheap. So a big fat meh to that.

One other DLC item of note, on February 21 Naughty Dog is releasing the "Flashback Map Pack 2" for $9.99 in which they update 4 competitive maps from Uncharted 2 - Plaza, Temple, Train Wreck and Village - with "all-new dynamic lighting effects, cutting-edge particle effects and a bevy of other fresh technical polish". I fished in this pond the last time, but I think I'll skip it this time around.  Recycled U2 maps for $10 seems a little steep to me, especially when I can still crack open my copy of U2 and play them on there - sans fresh technical polish of course. Also, I'm uncomfortable with their use of the word bevy. Thoughts?

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

6 comments:

Fallguy40 said...

I'd be interested in the co-op DLC if we were actually playing U3, but we've barely done any of that this time around.

I'm pretty disappointed in ND's DLC map packs so far. They've released 2 map packs and every single map was just a redo of U2. Heck, half of the maps available with U3 on the disc are retreads of U2 as well. Can they not come up with a new map? I already have U2.

MadPlanet said...

I know - that's kinda why I asked for thoughts. But you know I did enjoy playing the online U3 the times that we did play it. And I DID complete all the co-op missions. I think the lack of play on the U3 online for me was only minimally due to the been-there-done-that factor and mostly due to the fact that I was just busy at work and also had several other games at the same time. But that being said, I think the maps we already have still have plenty of life in them.

And agreed on their repackaged map-packs. Disappointing effort for such a great developer. And I wouldn't be so down on it if it were closer to say $4-$5 or so, but $10? Nah.

gnome said...

Which does remind me that the Uncharted series is one of the few PS3 exclusives I'd like to play.

MadPlanet said...

Hey Gnomey, didn't expect you to drop by on this one - I know the PS3 games don't hold much interest for you.

The Uncharted games are some of my absolute favorites. And although they are filled with a tremendous amount of gunplay of course, they also have good storylines, rich characters and puzzles to solve so that it feels fairly close to the PC adventure games you often lean toward.

Oh, speaking of which, you'd probably enjoy Heavy Rain too. So see there's 4 PS3 games already that you have to play so guess you better go pick up a PS3 now :)

gnome said...

Well, judging by the fact that I loved Fahrenheit, I know I'll love Heavy Rain. Only a few more years of patience will be needed though... As soon as the PS3 becomes retro I'll grab one.

MadPlanet said...

After playing Heavy Rain I put Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy on my (already long) list of games to check into. I haven't yet but one of these days I'll pick it up and check it out. Oh and when you do pull the trigger on that soon-to-be-retro PS3 don't forget my gamertag - MadPlanet. :)