BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, December 6, 2010

NES Coffee Table

It's fairly rare when I have a particularly kind word for the NES and its legions of fanboys, but thanks to Destructoid today I saw this full-size coffee table shaped like an NES and I thought it was pretty cool.

It has large compartments for storage - including a flip-open cartridge slot and a sliding drawer in the back, it has a working LED light that comes on when you hit the power button, and has 2 power outlets where the gamepad plugs are normally located. The guy did a really good job on it. He built 3 - one for himself, one for some art exhibit, and one that he's trying to sell to you on eBay HERE with a starting bid of $700 (no bidders as of yet). Check it out.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

2 comments:

Mik said...

Quite a furniture! I'd really love a Dreamcast one, it could fit perfectly in my living room!

MadPlanet said...

Agreed Mik, I might actually buy a Dreamcast version! In fact that might be my preferred system-table. The Atari 2600 was close to my heart as a kid but those ridges on top would make it difficult to use that surface.