BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 28, 2010

Joystix - Pac-Man Fever Friday

Well this last Friday was the last Friday of the month and that means one thing - a trip to Joystix to play some arcade games!

Joystix has been selling classic arcade games and pinball games in the Houston area since 1987 and I remember hearing about them a long time ago, but the big news for me came a couple of years ago or so when I heard about their Pac-Man Fever Fridays - every first and last Friday of the month you pay a $15 entrance fee and every game in their large showroom is on free play from 9:00 PM - 2:00 AM. I normally focus mostly on the video games, but this place has a ton of pinballs and other miscellaneous games too like pop-a-shot, air hockey, foosball, etc.

And even better - the place shares its space with it's own full-service bar - the 1820 Bar. You can even drink a beer while you are playing the games. This sounded awesome when I first heard about it but in practice it is a little difficult finding a place to put your beer when it's your turn.

Talking in-depth about all the games they have would take way too long so as just a taste of the huge list of games they have I'll just try and list the ones I played this last Friday: Robotron, Centipede, Gorf, Hyper Sports, Carnevil, America's Army, Millipede, Golden Axe, Street Fighter Three, Asteroids, Popeye, Tempest, Gauntlet Legends, Pepper II, Turkey Shoot, Paperboy, Donkey Kong II, H2 Overdrive, Jr. Pac-Man, Rush Alcatraz, Ms. Pac-Man (turbo), Cruisin USA, 720, Arch Rivals, Bubbles, Double Dragon II, Dig Dug, Mario Bros., Michael Jackson's Moonwalker, Punch-Out!, Smash T.V, Space Duel, Star Wars, Timber, WWF Superstars, Iron Man (pin), Spiderman (pin), Medieval Madness (pin), Roller Coaster (pin), Ultrapin (video pin emulator), and Tales from the Crypt (pin). Geez even that short list was pretty long! They also got the new Terminator Salvation video game a while back that I've been meaning to try but I keep seeing old classics that I've never hit and by the time I roll back to it someone is on it.

So anyway, if you are in the Houston area on the first or last Friday of the month and like classic arcade games this joint is a MUST SEE. It is located right across the street from Minute Maid Park. Check out their website for more details: http://www.joystixamusements.com/

Joystix
1820 Franklin Street
Houston, TX 77002-2206
(713) 224-2225

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

2 comments:

Fallguy40 said...

Joystix is definitely on my list of things to do if I can ever coordinate it to be in H-town on the final weekend of the month.

Problem is, I haven't made it to Houston this year at all.

MadPlanet said...

yeah we still have a couple of PS3 games to trade too. One of these days.